Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Thoughts and Musings Part 1

Laying in bed for over an hour and couldn't get anywhere near sleep. I had a lot of thoughts and themes going through my head and thought I would bless you all (!) with them. The first subject is about time. *WARNING: THESE MAY BE RAMBLING AND DISJOINTED AND MAY NOT MAKE MUCH SENSE IN THE LONG RUN*

TIME
"Time is fleeting" Thus begins the iconic "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show. A pithy saying that, for someone my age really has lost any meaning. We never think of those lost minutes, hours, days, weeks and years that slip by so stealthily. What I wouldn't give to have another 5 minutes with my mother, to hug her and tell her how much I love her and that she was a good mom and to apologize for all the shit I put her through. What would I do if I could have a whole day or week? I'd make sure I'd get her recipe for potato salad and ask her important questions about finances and get her family history and make every second count.
I am a master at wasting time. If I'm not wasting it on teh interwebs then I'm wasting it sleeping when I should be doing something constructive and meaningful: spending as much time with my children as possible, keeping a tidy and organized home, giving my children instructions that they will need to be productive (unlike me), and appreciating all that the love of my life, my finance, does for me and how much he loves me and try, at least in part, to return some of that back to him; to give God the due Worship He deserves and to thank Him for giving me this very second in which to tell Him I love him and of my gratitude. God doesn't owe us the next minute or even the next second. Every moment is a gift from Him. He has given it to us to do with it what we will, with our own free will. Once it's gone, it's gone forever, and we can never get that moment back. Our days are so full of things that, in the end, don't really matter. Which, sort of leads me to the subject of "stuff".

No comments: