Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday Part Deux

Our Lord to Saint Faustina:

Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you ... Whoever shall recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death ... When they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as the Merciful Savior ... Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy. I desire to grand unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy ... through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will.
. (Diary 687, 1541, 1731)

HOW TO PRAY THE DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET
The Chaplet of Mercy is recited using ordinary rosary beads of five decades.

1. Begin with the Sign of the Cross, 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary and The Apostles Creed.

2. Then on the Our Father Beads say the following:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

3. On the 10 Hail Mary Beads say the following:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

(Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades).


4. Conclude with (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

For more information about the Divine Mercy Chaplet or Image, visit the Marians of the Immaculate Conception

On a more personal note, I did attend Mass and received Communion. On Saturday I went to Confession. I feel like what I can only describe as "Xanax for the soul". I feel peaceful, calm and quiet and reflective.

No comments: