Thursday, November 22, 2007

Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory

Thursday
Holy Souls in Purgatory, is there anything you regret when you think of your life on earth?
I deeply regret the scandal which I have given! If only I would have prevented the disastrous consequences of the scandal which I caused. If only I could warn the many souls that followed my example and listened to me! Through my fault the evil goes on. And now I have to give an account of all the sins for which I am to blame! Oh, were I but able to let my words resound unto the ends of the earth and to wander through the world as a preacher of penance! With what untiring zeal would I labor among people to turn them from evil and return them to virtue.
O you my friends on earth, who come to visit me in this darkness in order to let a ray of light shine upon me: you will find in the Sacred Heart the surest way of bringing back to God as many people as I have led into sin by bad example! Tell them that He invites them: "Come to me all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest ... learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your souls" (Matt. 11, 28-29)
from "Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory"
published by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart

No comments: