Sunday, November 18, 2007

Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory

Monday
Holy Souls in Purgatory, is there anything you regret when you think of your life on earth?
I deeply regret my extravagance in the use of earthly possessions... My fortune, my health, my talent, my position in the world, the influence I had, my relatives, in a word, everything could have been of spiritual benefit to me if only I had known how to use it for the greater honor of the Sacred Heart. How many graces could I have drawn upon myself! This I neglected to do and at the hour of my death, all my possessions have come to naught.
Oh, were I but rich today in these my form possessions! Would that I could use them to hasten, even for one moment, the hour of my deliverance; to increase, even by one degree, the glory which God has in store for me; to awaken, if only in one soul now living in the world, the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
My friends, whose earthly goods are still at your disposal, use them for the support of your neighbour by generously giving alms to the poor. Use them for the greater honor of God and help promote response to God's love.
from "Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory"
published by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart

No comments: